2IC 260 x Bred Cows-Autumn Calving-Exeter, Devon-TJweb2200
2IC 260 x Bred Cows-Autumn Calving-Exeter, Devon-TJweb2200, Devon
We have an exciting new contract vacancy which will provide an outstanding opportunity to be involved with an award winning and expanding dairy business in the South West.
This position will require a high degree of autonomy whilst relief back up and support from the main units can easily be provided.
We require a grazing enthusiast and whilst AI skills would be useful, training can be provided. However, teamwork is essential. A very attractive and extremely well appointed modern 3-bedroom house is available on the unit free from rent and council tax.
Currently totalling 2,000 cows across seven grass-based units we need an enthusiastic 2IC for one of the units. The unit has recently been expanded and subsequently upgraded with a set of converted buildings and a NEW Waikato 24/48 parlour. Totally ring-fenced grazing platform, with good tracks and water provide access to grazing for as much of the season as possible.
For an informal discussion please contact Trevor Jolley on 07766 912481.
Location: The farm is located just off the A30 at Tedburn and is only a short drive from the centre of Exeter. It has very easy access to the A30, M5 and main line rail networks.
Farm Description: Woodhay Farm is home to a cross bred herd of 260 cows that have been purpose bred with low input grazing systems in mind yielding 5800ltrs. The farm extends to 300 acres and this area is entirely dedicated to forage production in the form of grass and clover leys. This is a flying herd.
• Autumn Block Calving System
• Yields over 5800ltrs – half from forage
• 24/48 Wakato HB parlour
• Simple in parlour feeders
• NMR recorded and on farm Interherd records
• To assist with the day-to-day management of the dairy unit.
• To assist with the welfare and management of both the milking herd and the young / dry stock.
• To ensure all stock are cared for to the highest standards of husbandry in accordance with the Herd Health Policy.
• To assist with the monitoring and control of lameness / routine foot trimming, heat detection and calving etc.
• To ensure the cows are milked in accordance with farm policy including frequency and cell count / bactoscan management.
• Youngstock and general stock work.
Accommodation: An extremely well-appointed 3-bed house with c/h and d/g is available on farm and will be free from rent, rates and council tax. The house has stunning views and has been renovated to a very high standard.
Remuneration: An excellent package is on offer for the right candidate to include regular time off, good relief.
General comment: This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a proven record of hygienic milk production to join a superb award-winning grass based dairy system. AI and foot trimming would be an advantage however training can be provided.
There are no attachments.