Assistant Herdsperson-400 Cows-North Shropshire-Autumn Calving! Fantastic Opportunity-BFweb2343
Assistant Herdsperson-400 Cows-North Shropshire-Autumn Calving! Fantastic Opportunity-BFweb2343, North Shropshire
• WHO’S LOOKING FOR A SUPERB OPPORTUNITY WITH SCOPE TO LEARN ON THE JOB AND SHADOW AN EXPERIENCED HERD MANAGER?
• LOOKING TO BE ENGAGED IN THE DAY-TO-DAY RUNNING OF A SUCCESSFUL DAIRY BUSINESS?
• LOOKING FOR A FIRST-CLASS PACKAGE WITH A FULL TRAINING PROGRAMME AND INTERACTION WITH DISCUSSION GROUPS?
THEN STOP AND LOOK NO FURTHER!
THE ROLE: We require a young energetic individual who has some dairy experience and who is looking to progress their career. You will support the experienced herd manager with all aspects of the herd and will also be involved with the farmer in management and financial aspects of the running of the business. Key responsibilities will include:
• Milking and associated tasks.
• Herd health.
• An involvement with feed allocations and grassland management including grass measuring, maintenance of fences, tracks, and water systems. Crop rotations and outwintering.
• Involvement with consultants, vets, and farm owners.
• Youngstock management and calf rearing.
THE FARM: We have an excellent opportunity to join our client’s Autumn calving herd in North Shropshire. The farm benefits from excellent grassland management, tracks and water system which is maintained to a high standard. This supports circa 400 cross bred cows, which achieve around 7,000 litres with milk sold to Arla. The cows are milked through a 20:40 semi rapid exit Dairymaster parlour with ACRs, Auto ID and backflush. Cows are cubicle housed and bedded on sand. The herd is TMR fed in the winter, with all stock turned out to grass as soon as possible in the spring.
In return we offer a very competitive salary, which is based on experience. A lovely 3-bedroom house, on the farm, is free from rent and council tax. The town of Market Drayton is less than one mile from the farm, which has all necessary local amenities including primary schools, high school, cinema, pubs, supermarkets, DIY stores, churches, various sports clubs etc.
For an informal discussion please contact Ben Furnival 07551 123045 or email your CV to email@example.com
There are no attachments.