Assistant Herdsperson-270 cows-North Wiltshire-TJweb1825
Assistant Herdsperson-270 cows-North Wiltshire-TJweb1825, Wiltshire
We have a new contract vacancy for an enthusiastic herdsperson to join a small, but dedicated, team producing milk to the highest standards supplying a Waitrose contract.
The ideal candidate should be experienced with all aspects of dairying and cow daily cow management, AI and foot trimming skills would be an advantage however training can be provided. Attention to detail in all areas is essential to satisfy the premium contract requirements however facilities and protocols are such that this can easily be facilitated.
We can offer excellent facilities which provide superb working conditions together with an opportunity to have an influence on this modern dairy unit.
• AYRC with yields in excess of 9000ltrs
• 28/28 DeLaval HB parlour with milk meters
• Auto ID with 3-way shedding, Heat Time
• Cubicle housing, TMR and parlour feeding
• NMR recording and Interherd
We can offer a new build, semi-detached 3 bedroom house on the unit with a large garden and a package to reflect the importance of the position.
The farm is located in the village of North Wraxall which is a short distance from Chippenham and has easy access to both the motorway and rail networks. M4 is 10mins.
Middle Hill Farm is home to a very well bred herd of 270 H/F cows currently yielding in excess of 9000ltrs. The dairy unit forms an integral part of a diverse farming business which includes beef, sheep and a large arable acreage which provides all the forage crops and straw requirements. Herd replacements are all home reared. Significant investment over the last 2 years has allowed for a new unit to be developed to giving this expanding herd superb facilities.
• All year round calving
• 28/28 DeLaval with ACR’s
• Auto ID with milk recording and 3-way shedding
• Sawdust bedded cubicle housing with mattresses
• Easy operating handling facilities
• Interherd and NMR recording
• To assist with the responsibility day to day management of the dairy unit.
• To assist with the responsibility for the welfare and management of both the milking herd and the young / dry stock.
• To ensure all stock are cared for to the highest standards of husbandry in accordance with the Herd Health Policy.
• To assist with the milking in accordance with farm policy including frequency and cell count / bactoscan management.
• Youngstock and general stock work.
New build, semi-detached 3 bedroom house on the unit with a large garden is available free from rent and council tax.
An excellent package is on offer for the right candidate to include generous salary and regular time off (in house relief).
This is an outstanding opportunity for someone wishing to be part of a team and buy into hygienic milk production on this superb unit. It will require someone able to demonstrate attention to detail and help formulate and follow milking routines and procedures in order to maintain and continually improve both herd health and milk quality.
For an informal discussion please contact Trevor Jolley on 07766 912481.
There are no attachments.