Assistant to the Unit Manager-New Zealand system-Wiltshire-HHweb1808
Assistant to the Unit Manager-New Zealand system-Wiltshire-HHweb1808, Wiltshire
Due to career progression within the business, we have an exciting contract vacancy on a grazing farm near Warminster in Wiltshire; the unit being one of two run by the farmer on the same estate.
We require an experienced herdsperson, looking to progress their career, preferably with current experience on a similar system to work as part of a two person team and support the excellent herd manager with all tasks such as milking, calving, fertility management, grassland management, feeding, herd health, calf rearing and record keeping. You will be a tidy worker with a ‘can do’ attitude.
The unit has the following features:
• 350 Spring calved cows
• 25:50 Waikato Parlour with simple feeders and Mount Pleasant backing gate
• 120 Hectare grazing platform
• Excellent infrastructure of tracks and paddocks
• Covered handling facilities
• Cubicles with matresses (cows not outwintered)
• Easyfeed and self-feed grass and maize silage
• Milk sold to Muller Wiseman on a Sainsbury's contract
In return we can offer an above average salary, regular time off and a very nice three-bedroom, well-appointed house, in the village free from rent, rates and council tax.
For more information or an informal discussion about the post please call Henry Hare on 07531 335294.
There are no attachments.