Herd Manager-950 Spring Calving Cows-Staffordshire-BFweb1914
Herd Manager-950 Spring Calving Cows-Staffordshire-BFweb1914, Staffordshire
UNIQUE JOB OPPORTUNITY!
950 Spring calving cows – Stafford, Staffordshire
• Do you want to work on a very progressive dairy unit?
• Do you want to be your own boss but also have an excellent support block?
• Love cows, in particular low cost dairying?
IF SO READ ON!!
We require an enthusiastic, driven and determined individual who has prior experience of grazing cows and who is knowledgeable about grass and can accurately measure and allocate feed!
What we need from you!
You need to be a very enthusiastic person with a passion for grazing cows and utilising milk from grass and you must understand grass and be able to measure proficiently. Being a flexible person who is willing to carry out a number of different tasks and take responsibility for your own time is absolutely essential. Experience of farming overseas, especially New Zealand, is a big benefit.
• Large FAMILY farmhouse with private driveway and gardens.
• Competitive salary based on experience and desire to achieve.
• Management of your own time.
• Bonus scheme and regular time off
• 3 miles from Stafford town centre and the M6 with excellent links to Birmingham and further afield.
• Cooper Perry primary school half a mile from the farm. Stafford also has various secondary schools with a direct bus service from the end of the farm drive.
The herd is milked through two parlours on separate units; however, the herd is run as one! You will be responsible for one of the units, milking circa 350-400 cows through a 30:60 Waikato parlour. You will be your own boss with day-to-day responsibility for this element of the business including; cow health and welfare, grass and feed allocations, fencing and water maintenance, staff management, implementation of farm assurance, vet and consultant routines and working alongside the farm manager with strategic business decisions.
Here’s a short brief about the farm in bullets!
• 950 cows, 600 head of youngstock including calves and R1s.
• Circa 1000 acres with 400 acres of additional support ground with a circa 750 acre grazing block fully tracked, fenced and with first class water system.
• Long term tenancy in place across the two units.
• Started in 2011 after the business owners took on the tenancy of a 250 acre equestrian unit which was then converted to spring calving.
• Circa 5500 litres per cow, 4000 litres from grass, buffer fed with grass silage, grains, and beet.
• Arla contract with a concentration on solids. Cross bred cows with predominately NZ Friesian and Jersey genetics.
• All cows calve on one unit with calves reared indoors on the same farm. Tight calving block, 4 weeks AI and 8 weeks stock bulls.
TO APPLY CONTACT BEN FURNIVAL 07551 123045 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
There are no attachments.