Herdsperson/Assistant Herdsperson-North Glasgow-ILweb1915
Herdsperson/Assistant Herdsperson-North Glasgow-ILweb1915, North Glasgow
We require an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual who has a keen interest in progressive dairy herd management on a high yielding, 600 cow AYR calving herd.
The successful candidate would be a key member of the dedicated team, working in a modern dairy, well invested unit which is part of a wider farming business.
Working alongside the Herd Manager and our team of milking staff you will be responsible for
- Milking morning and afternoon as part of a team rota system through a 24:48 De Laval swing over parlour with ACR, Backflush, Auto ID, auto shedding gate and backing gate.
- Management of the parlour team and ensuring that dairy protocols are followed.
- Maintaining and improving our fertility & health program, fresh cow/early lactation cow management, physical performance monitoring, working closely with the vets.
- Herd computer administration using DComp305 software.
- AI experience preferable (training provided if required).
- Foot trimming (training provided if required).
- Herd health & fertility and general stock husbandry tasks.
- Calf rearing and young stock management including vets and meds.
The successful candidate will be a good communicator, have excellent stockmanship skills, and be able to work well in a team, to help develop the herd, and improve on current performance.
We offer a competitive salary with bonus scheme, regular time off, attractive 3-bed lodge house with large family garden just off farm and in an excellent school catchment, free from rent and council tax and the opportunity to be a key part in a successful and progressive business.
For an informal discussion please contact Ian Lindsay on 07802 596869.
There are no attachments.